So Everyone Can Prosper
Our Financial Services Program aims to assist all island residents and workers in building long-term economic security by providing financial education and counseling services to improve their credit score, decrease debt, manage their income, and build their savings.
In order to best serve our community, we partner with the following organizations:
- United Way Bay Area to provide free tax preparation.
- Bay Area Legal Aid, which offer client assistance to address consumer debt issues, such as fair debt collection, foreclosure prevention, student loan collections, and others.
- S.F. County Department of Child Support Services to assist clients with re-payment of child-support arrearages.
- San Francisco Housing Development Corporation (SHFDC) to offer 1st Time Homebuyer workshops and assistance to qualify clients for down-payment assistance, below market rate program, and others.
- Banking institutions to offer clients with low cost financial products and no over-draft fees.
all workshops are free
Our Financial Literacy Programs
(ESSP) Economic Self-Sufficiency Program
One Treasure Island’s Financial Services Program offers training and assistances to assist Island residents and workers to build long-term financial security.
The following free services are offered to island and San Francisco residents to assist them in addressing their financial goals:
- Access to low-cost banking products
- Free Tax preparation
- 1st Time Homebuyer Assistance
- Consumer Debt Assistance
- General banking support
- Credit Reports with FICO Score
- One on one Credit Counseling
- Child support repayment assistance
- Money Management & Budgeting
- Opening Bank Accounts
The Financial Services Program operates out of the Business Assistance Center (BAC) in the Ship Shape building located at 850 Avenue I.
FREE TAX SERVICES
Our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program offers free tax preparation services, helping residents and employees file their tax returns and financially plan for their refunds.
BECOME A FINANCIAL EDUCATION PARTNER
Help Us Provide Treasure Island Residents With Free Financial Education Workshops
Some Of Our Partners Include:
- Self Help Federal Credit Union
- Patelco Federal Credit Union
- Wells Fargo Bank